- QUICK LINKS
- MY ACCOUNT
Downloading audiobooks on your Mobile Device with the OverDrive Media Console app:
(for Android, Blackberry, iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, and Windows)
- To download the OverDrive Media Console app, please visit: http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc. You can also download the free app by searching “OverDrive Media Console” in your device’s app store/market.
- Follow the prompts to install the app. OverDrive Media Console app will open.
- Select the Get Books option from the menu.
- Select your library by entering “Alachua County Library District” or your zip code, then tapping your library from the resulting list. Tap the star to mark this library as a favorite (so you won’t have to complete this step again).
- Sign in to adjust your lending periods. Some lending periods were reverted to the default (7 days). Once you've signed in you'll be taken to your bookshelf. Click Settings in the right-hand sidebar, then select your preferred lending periods for each type of material. Tap Done to save your preferences.
- Browse the OverDrive collection or search for your desired title.
- Tap the cover of the title you would like to check out. Tap Borrow. (If you only see a Place a Hold button, the title you requested is currently checked out to other users.)
- You will be redirected to your Bookshelf. Tap the Download button.
10. For your first download, you will be prompted to authorize OverDrive Media Console (one time) by entering your Adobe ID and password and then tapping Authorize. If you do not already have an Adobe ID, you will select Register/Get ID to create one (it’s free!). Follow the steps to register, then go back to OverDrive Media Console, enter your Adobe ID and password, and tap Authorize. (You may need to tap Download again after authorizing your device).
11. The title will download and appear on your device. Tap the cover of you book to open it, and enjoy listening!
Returning OverDrive audiobooks early:
- On the main bookshelf of the app, either swipe across the audiobook you want to return, or tap the + symbol to the right of the title (depending on your device). A Delete button will appear.
- Tap Delete to display the return options.
- Tap Return and Delete.
- The audiobook is returned and deleted!
For additional help, visit OverDrive Help, from within OverDrive.